Teens are at a highly individualistic and complex time of their lives. Many adolescents stumble as they develop into their identities. Teen sometimes exhibit oppositional behavior, aggression, mood swings, anxiety, depression, body image issues, or even self-harm. I have found that therapy can help teens and families understand and resolve problems, change behavior, and make encouraging changes in their lives. During therapy, teens will learn to recognize negative thought patterns and substitute this thinking with thoughts that result in more positive feelings and behaviors.
Benefits of Teen Therapy:
- Receive emotional support
- Resolve conflicts with oneself and people
- Identify beliefs, feelings, and behaviors that are negatively impacting our disposition
- Try out new solutions to old problems.
- Change old behavior patterns and develop new ones
- Improve relationships with friends or family
- Less anxiety/depression and better self-esteem